Saturday, February 4, 2012

A salty American

I am the daughter of a nation that we all call home today.
The United States of America is where it all took place.
Born and raised in a salty haze,
I spent my days on the beach.
South Florida is my peninsula home,
and it's a part of what made me, me.

English is my only language and I speak it loud and proud.
My family comes together when the holidays roll around.
Christmas, Thanksgiving, and the fourth of July, are examples of such.
They've been celebrating these traditions since before I knew their touch.

I may be of Irish, Austrian, and Croatian decent,
but here in the U.S.A. is where all my time has been spent.
I fit the mold of your typical all-American girl,
blonde hair and green eyes are apart of my disguise.
I love the coast that I call my home,
and I feel the salty breeze sweep right through my bones.

1 comment:

  1. I really like your poem and the rhyming. I don't think there is much to improve on but believe you should make more poems.

    ReplyDelete